Charitable Remainder Trust
Looking for a way to give Action Against Hunger a significant gift? If you have built up a sizeable estate and are also looking for ways to receive reliable payments, you may want to check out the advantages of setting up a charitable remainder trust.
A charitable remainder trust provides you or other named individuals income each year for life or a period not exceeding 20 years from assets you give to the trust you create.
Benefits of a charitable remainder trust include:
- A partial charitable income tax deduction
- Potential for increased income
- Up-front capital gains tax avoidance
There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:
- The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
- The uni-trust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. The amount of your payments is re-determined annually. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, so will your payments.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Contact Matt Gordon, Senior Major Gifts Officer, to talk about supporting Action Against Hunger by setting up a charitable remainder trust.
- If you include Action Against Hunger in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
Legal Name: Action Against Hunger USA
Address: 1 Whitehall Street, 2nd Fl, New York, NY 10004
Federal Tax ID Number: 13-3327220
Action Against Hunger is leading a global movement to end hunger in our lifetimes. It innovates solutions, advocate for change, and reach 25 million people every year with proven hunger prevention and treatment programs. As a nonprofit that works across 50 countries, its 8,300 dedicated staff members partner with communities to address the root causes of hunger, including climate change, conflict, inequity, and emergencies. It strives to create a world free from hunger, for everyone, for good.