Charitable Remainder Trust
Looking for a way to give Action Against Hunger a significant gift? If you have built up a sizeable estate and are also looking for ways to receive reliable payments, you may want to check out the advantages of setting up a charitable remainder trust.
A charitable remainder trust provides you or other named individuals income each year for life or a period not exceeding 20 years from assets you give to the trust you create.
Benefits of a charitable remainder trust include:
- A partial charitable income tax deduction
- Potential for increased income
- Up-front capital gains tax avoidance
There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:
- The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
- The uni-trust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. The amount of your payments is re-determined annually. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, so will your payments.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Contact Laura Hickman at (212) 967-7800 x521 or email@example.com to talk about supporting Action Against Hunger by setting up a charitable remainder trust.
- If you include Action Against Hunger in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
Legal Name: Action Against Hunger USA
Address: 1 Whitehall Street, 2nd Fl, New York, NY 10004
Federal Tax ID Number: 13-3327220
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.