As the year’s end approaches, all of us at Action Against Hunger want to thank all of you - our generous donors, partners, supporters, and friends – for banding together against hunger. Last year, you helped us reach a record 21.2 million people in 47 countries around the world, from Haiti to Ethiopia, Mauritania to Yemen, Somalia to Bangladesh.
With you by our side, Action Against Hunger:
- Launched Band Together, a ground-breaking campaign to shine a spotlight on global hunger and to empower more parents to screen their children for malnutrition, right in their own homes, with color-coded diagnostic bands.
- Provided lifesaving treatment to 729,918 malnourished children.
- Introduced our dynamic new CEO, Dr. Charles Owubah.
- Responded to 37 emergencies, such as the cholera outbreak in Yemen and the food crisis in South Sudan.
- Improved 32,363 wells and water sources, keeping communities healthy.
- Marked 40 years of Action Against Hunger leading the charge in the fight against hunger.
- Worked with communities to build stronger futures with food security and livelihoods programs, reaching 2.7 million people.
- Supported 2,269 health centers and held 39,191 health and nutrition education sessions for parents around the world.
- Advocated at the United Nations, on Capitol Hill, and in the halls of government around the world – pushing for stronger commitments on nutrition funding and for action to break the cycle of conflict and hunger.
- Conducted 25 research projects – all with the goal of finding better ways to deal with hunger.
- Partnered with countless community health workers and volunteers, local authorities, donors, and organizations to save even more lives.
Together, we are working not only to change lives through our programs, but to change the way people around the world think about hunger and malnutrition. Supporters around the globe banded together to donate, fundraise, host events, and spread the word on social media. You got creative: dedicating wedding registries, biking across the country, hosting video game marathons, and finding new ways to get your churches, schools, and offices involved in the fight against hunger.
Everything we do at Action Against Hunger is fueled by the belief that a future without hunger is possible — and we are so proud that our supporters and partners share our vision. Thank you for helping us create a better way to deal with hunger, for everyone, for good.