As the end of the year approaches, all of us at Action Against Hunger want to thank our generous donors, partners, supporters, and friends, for your commitment. Last year, you helped us reach a record 20.2 million people in places like Bangladesh, Haiti, Nigeria, Somalia, and Yemen.
With you by our side, Action Against Hunger:
- Partnered with countless mothers, fathers, community health workers and volunteers, local authorities and organizations to achieve progress toward our ambitious goal of doubling the number of children treated for deadly malnutrition.
- Provided lifesaving treatment to 559,492 children suffering from severe acute malnutrition.
- Advocated on behalf of people living in conflict-affected areas, contributing to the passage of the landmark UN Security Council Resolution 2417.
- Reached 6.2 million people with our work to improve access to clean water, safe sanitation, and good hygiene practices.
- Held 33,583 health and nutrition education sessions for parents around the world.
- Helped 275,675 people who have suffered the trauma of war, displacement, and disaster through our mental health support programs.
- Worked with communities build stronger futures with food security and livelihoods programs, reaching 2.3 million people.
- Improved 12,831 water points, helping communities access clean water
- Conducted 52 research projects – all with the goal of finding better ways to deal with hunger.
- Responded to 39 emergencies, ranging from the conflict in Yemen to the drought in Somalia.
- Expanded our partnerships with the private sector, donor governments, and people like you, with the goal of scaling up our impact and helping more malnourished children get access to lifesaving treatment, faster.
Together, we are working not only to change lives through our programs in 46 countries, but to change the way people around the world think about hunger and malnutrition. Supporters around the globe donated, fundraised, hosted events, and spread the word on social media. You got creative: swapping holiday packages, making pottery, and finding new ways to get your churches, schools, and offices involved in the fight against hunger.
Everything we do at Action Against Hunger is fueled by the belief that ending hunger is possible — and we are so proud that our supporters and partners share our vision. Thank you for joining us in our quest to create a better way to deal with hunger, for everyone, for good. Together, it is possible.