Nutrition Research Steering Committee
To enhance the quality of research protocols and outputs, as well as maximise the impact of the research on policy and practice, REFANI convened a multi-stakeholder Nutrition Research Steering Committee (NRSC) comprised of a cadre of external experts throughout key points of the project. The NRSC provided: technical guidance on project design; ethical guidance and validation; quality assurance through peer-review of research protocols, outputs and publications; and identification of opportunities and strategies for maximising research uptake. Members of the NRSC included representatives from key donor institutions, international humanitarian organizations, universities and more.
- Aga Khan University and SickKids Centre for Global Child Health: Zulfiqar Bhutta
- Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP): Isabelle Pelly
- Department for Global Health and Development at the University of Tampere and Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Faculty of Science of the University of Copenhagen: André Briend
- EpiCentre: Rebecca Grais
- European Commission's Humanitarian aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO): Sophie-Marie Whitney
- Feinstein International Center at Tufts University: Nisar Majid
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health: Sheila Isanaka
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC): Nathalie Bonvin
- Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas, Austin: Erin Lentz
- Overseas Development Institute/Humanitarian Policy Group (ODI/HPG): Wendy Fenton
- United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID): Abigail Perry
- United States Agency for International Development/ the Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA): Erin Boyd
- World Food Programme (WFP): Antoine Renard
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.