Charity live streams are a great way for gamers, musicians, and anyone with a hobby or talent to raise money by sharing their passion and asking for donations. Host your live stream for Action Against Hunger today and save lives! Featuring Twitch and Streamlabs integrations.
Around 821 million people go to bed hungry every night, and nearly half of all child deaths worldwide are linked to causes related to malnutrition.
Many young children never get a chance to live beyond the age of five — even though we can predict, prevent, and treat malnutrition.
We are the world’s hunger specialist. We have the knowledge and tools to save the lives of malnourished children. We helped more than 21 million people in 2018 with our lifesaving programs, but we need more funds to expand our reach and create a future where no child dies of hunger.
Coronavirus update: your help is needed more than ever.
As COVID-19 spreads around the world, it poses a grave danger to communities with struggling health systems. In some hard-to-reach areas, Action Against Hunger is the only organization providing healthcare — we must step up and respond to this pandemic.
Help us to support families affected by the coronavirus pandemic by starting a fundraising campaign.
How To Host A Charity Live Stream
- Create a fundraising profile.
- Integrate it with your streaming platform.
- Host your live stream and save lives!
A charity live stream is easy to set up. First, sign up here to create your Action Against Hunger fundraising profile.
Next, integrate your profile with Twitch or Streamlabs — Streamlabs is useful if you plan to stream on YouTube, Facebook, or any platforms that aren’t Twitch. Learn how to do this in our integrations section at the bottom of this page. Integrating with Twitch or Streamlabs is not required, but it allows you to show real-time updates of your fundraising progress to viewers.
Once your page is created and integrated with your streaming platform, start planning your live stream event. Create a date at least two weeks from today so you can give your friends, family, and followers enough notice for them to join you.
Test run your event beforehand to ensure your streaming setup and fundraising integration works and to confirm that donations appear on your streaming platform overlay.
Maximize Your Fundraising Success
To encourage lifesaving donations during your stream, plan giveaways and competitions, invite guest streamers, and say thank you to every supporter. Here are some ideas:
- Interview people your audience will care about: like a game developer, top streamer, or voice actor. You are helping to save lives, so don’t be afraid to ask.
- Run competitions or giveaways: viewers can donate to get an entry.
- Name and thank all donors: show them some love!
- Have other gamers join your stream and ask them to share with their networks.
Send us a message to remind us when your stream is taking place — we love to stay connected to our lifesaving streamers.
What does the Streamlabs integration do?
Fundraisers can connect their page with Streamlabs. This will send donation notifications to Streamlabs that can be used to configure video overlays with live donation alerts - true livestream fundraising! This integration passes the following data to Streamlabs each time a donation occurs:
- Donation amount
- Donor name
- Donation comment
How to connect Streamlabs
- Access your fundraiser page Settings from the top bar
- On your settings page, find Streamlabs Connection
- Click Connect to Streamlabs
- Once connected, Click Enable Donations
- With your page connected and donation data enabled, you can configure the event data from within Streamlabs.
What does the Twitch integration do?
Fundraisers can add a progress widget as an Extension Panel to their Twitch streaming page panel. This progress widget displays:
- Goal progress bar
- Page total
- Top 5 donations
How to connect Twitch
- Log in to Twitch
- Add a new Extension Panel to your channel's page
- From your Extension Manager, search and install: Funraise
- Configure the extension by entering your fundraising page URL.