The hardest part of running a fundraising campaign is coming up with an event idea. So we gathered our top 25 ideas to rally your friends and family around a great cause and raise money for Action Against Hunger.
Social Distancing Fundraising Ideas
- Donate your birthday and ask for donations instead of gifts.
- Have a danceathon. Live stream your nonstop dancing.
- Live stream your gaming or musical talent.
- Host an online karaoke competition.
- Run a charity quiz.
- Get active with a sponsored (solo) run, walk, bike or swim.
- Host a live stream exercise class or workout challenge.
- Have a photography contest. Ask schoolmates or colleagues to submit their favorite photos with a suggested donation and vote on the winners. Print the winner on canvas.
- Sell unwanted items online and donate the proceeds.
- Shave your head or another quirky challenge — this one is not for the faint-hearted.
In-Person Fundraising Ideas
- Host a bake sale or baking competition.
- Themed dress-up day at school or work.
- Have a board game tournament.
- Host a dinner or drinks event.
- Dedicate your wedding. Ask for donations instead of gifts.
- Place a loose change jar in the office. You will be surprised how effective this can be!
- Movie screening. Some local cinemas let you rent their space, but your living room, school hall or office space will also work!
- Host a Halloween, Easter or Holiday party.
- World Food Day is October 16th. Why not ask your friends, family, colleagues or classmates to help you fundraise on this day?
- Matching gift challenge. Ask your employer if they match gifts and then challenge your colleagues to reach the maximum available.
- Host an ice or roller skating event.
- Give seeds that grow vegetables or herbs in exchange for donations.
- Have a book sale.
- Host a ceramic bowl painting event. Great for schools.
- Run an ice cream social or lemonade stand.