Nutrition Program Manager
The nutrition program manager is responsible for implementing and supervising the nutrition program on the field, in adherence with ACF’s and national protocols/guidelines, and in collaboration with local partners. S/he reports to head of base, medical and nutrition coordinator or nutrition advisor at headquarters level. The panel of activities in a nutrition program include:
- Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc)
- Capacity building of local partners
- Community mobilization
- Research projects
- Team management including staff recruitment, training, evaluation.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Monitoring of nutrition projects (field visit, regular program monitoring, budget forecast and follow up, statistics follow up report, etc.)
- Reporting (donors reports, monthly reports).
- Representation of Action Against Hunger in coordination meeting with local and international partners, health authorities, etc.
- Coordination with other departments (food security and livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, logistics, administration).
- Nurse, nutritionist or medical doctor.
- Further qualification in public health or nutrition or related subject is desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage own work.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Second language skills is desirable.
- 2 years relevant work experience essential.
- Some previous overseas experience is a plus.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.