Nutrition and Medical Coordinator
The medical and nutrition coordinator (CMN) is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the nutrition programs, as well as liaising with various external partners. S/he reports to head of mission, medical and nutrition advisor at headquarters level. The panel of activities in a nutrition programs includes:
- Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc)
- Capacity building of local partners
- Community mobilization
- Research projects
Management of the Nutrition Program
- Follow up and ongoing analysis of the context.
- Definition, supervision and monitoring of ACF Nutrition programs, in compliance with ACF’s and national guidelines and in coherence with identified humanitarian needs.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Design and ensure the use of monitoring tools.
- Ensure compliance of programs in terms of achieving objectives in current grants.
- Management and evaluation of nutrition program managers; elaboration their Job description.
- Provision of technical and organizational support and trainings to the nutrition program managers.
- Compilation, analysis and feedback on monthly reports from the nutrition program managers.
- Ongoing communication with nutrition advisor in HQs.
- Technical input in donor reporting.
Representation and internal/ external communication
- Coordination with other technical departments at coordination level (Food Security and Livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Logistics and Administration).
- Represent ACF at national and regional level in nutrition and health technical meetings.
- Participate in the external coordination with nutrition partners and governmental bodies and provide technical support and guidance in the nutrition sub-committee and cluster, where relevant.
- Nurse, nutritionist or medical doctor.
- Further qualification in public health or nutrition or related subject is desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage own work.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Second language skills are desirable.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in nutrition program in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Minimum 1 year in a position of requiring managing a team of expatriates is desirable.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.