The Logistics Officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures and provides logistical support to the Nutrition / Food Security / Water and Sanitation programs on an ACF base in ACF mission. The Logistics Officer is in charge of building the capacity of the local logistics support team in the base. Depending on size and structure of the mission, the Logistics Officer reports to Log Coordinator or Head of Mission.
Depending on the context and program needs, the Logistics Officer is in charge of the set up / closing and/or regular running of the base including management of logistics team (logistics, procurement, warehousing staff, drivers and guards) and security of the base as well as coordination with administration, HR, and program staff on the base level. The Logistics Officer ensures that ACF Log procedures and respective donor regulations applicable to projects implemented on the base are closely followed.
While the context may vary, the Logistics Officer is typically in charge of managing the proper set up / rehabilitation / running of base premises (office / guest house), ensures the proper functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage, supervises the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet, evaluates/reports the need and ensures the proper use of ACF equipment, assesses and ensures the functioning of the means of communication appropriate for the ACF base.
Logistics Officer is typically responsible for the security on the base including staff, premises, as well as security of ACF materials and assets. The Log Officer assesses, monitors and reports the security situation and develops security procedures relevant to the context.
Log Officer must be aware of logistics-related actors, services, and opportunities in the location. He/she represents ACF to the relevant authorities at the local / regional level and participates in logistics and security meetings with humanitarian actors and local authorities.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in technical studies.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required.
- Some knowledge of financial and HR procedures expected.
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics / IT / Communications / construction or other desired.
- Good communication and representative skills.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Second language skills highly recommended and for some missions required.
- At least 2 years previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position.
- Previous experience in security management.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger.