Race Against Hunger
Race Against Hunger
Welcome to the Race Against Hunger! Here you’ll find all the information you need about our Race Against Hunger initiative—what it is, how it works, and how you can get involved. Empowering people like you to take a stand against hunger is a vital part of our fight against global malnutrition. Whether you’re a student, a teacher, a corporate representative, or a concerned citizen, there’s plenty you can do to help put an end to global malnutrition. For more information about Action Against Hunger and our lifesaving work in more than 40 countries around the world, check out our yearly impact.
Our staff is dedicated to assisting you in your efforts to end global malnutrition, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What is the Race Against Hunger?
The Race Against Hunger is a unique service learning campaign that unites people around the world in the fight against global hunger and malnutrition. Tapping into the vast potential of youth to become powerful agents of change, this growing initiative helps participants gain a more meaningful perspective on a critical problem, understand their interconnectedness in the world, and ultimately act on their newfound knowledge.
How to Get Involved
We have some great ways for you to become a hunger fighter, but we also understand that hunger fighting is personal. Do you have your own idea about how to get involved? We’d love to hear it! Let us know how you would like to get involved by emailing our Community Outreach Team using the form below.
Looking for a good place to start? Learn about some of our most popular ways to participate below.
Take a leadership role in your school by spearheading your own Race Against Hunger event. By initiating a Race at your school, you and your peers will become integral players in the fight against hunger!
- Contact our Community Outreach Team using the form below to speak to someone about participating in the Race Against Hunger.
- Fill out our Enrollment Form to start a Race Against Hunger at your school.
- Start your own HALT: Hunger Awareness Leaders of Tomorrow club at your school. Fill out the HALT Contract to start your partnership with Action Against Hunger.
- Get the Fast for Awareness Planning Guide and help raise awareness about global hunger.
- Become a fundraiser by setting up a My Action Against Hunger page. Our Community Outreach staff can provide support to help you reach your goals.
As teachers, you play one of the most vital roles in shaping our next generation of global citizens. We want to help you ensure that your students are informed and ready to take on tomorrow’s international challenges. Our Race Against Hunger curriculum is unique in that it provides in-depth, engaging and accessible information to students about global malnutrition, and can be tailored to fit your needs! There is no one-size-fits-all method of teaching and our curriculum can be altered to fit your approach and style seamlessly.
- Fill out our Enrollment Form to start a Race Against Hunger at your school and inspire this generation of America’s youth to become ambassadors of global change.
- For a great class project, download our Bio-Sand Filter How-To Guide. This is a fun educational project in which students build a working model of what actually gets used in the field to provide clean water to communities in need.
- Check out the Fast for Awareness Planning Guide and help raise awareness about global hunger.
Whether you want to get your family, friends, or whole neighborhood involved in the fight against hunger, there are many ways for you to make a difference. We have a variety of options for hunger fighters like you to get involved in raising awareness and funds for Action Against Hunger!
- Become a fundraiser by setting up your My Action Against Hunger page. Our Community Outreach staff can provide support to help you reach your goals
- Fill out our Enrollment Form to start a Race Against Hunger in your community and inspire your friends and family to become ambassadors of global change.
- Get the Fast for Awareness Planning Guide and help raise awareness and funds for our lifesaving work.
- Check out our Empty Bowls Project — an arts and crafts project in which people design and paint individual bowls to serve as a reminder of the many bowls that go unfilled at mealtimes around the world.
By supporting the Race Against Hunger, your company is investing in the leaders of tomorrow and helping solve one of the greatest global crises of our time. Students that participate in the Race Against Hunger gain insight and perspective into a problem that affects millions of people around the world, and the funds they raise help save lives in more than 40 countries. According to the world’s top economists (meeting at last year’s Copenhagen Consensus) and public health experts (The Lancet), investing in childhood nutrition has a bigger global return on investment than any other humanitarian intervention. By supporting the Race Against Hunger, your company will make a sizable impact in the United States and around the world.