Brianna leads our web and print design team, and helps to tell Action Against Hunger's story across multiple channels. Connect with Brianna on Google+.
Photos of Lifesaving Assistance: Typhoon Haiyan Survivors Receive Food Aid
1. Recently, Action Against Hunger emergency response teams delivered nearly six tons of food to six isolated mountainous areas in the center of Panay Island.
2. In addition to distributing food, we also helped local health center staff screen mothers and young children for malnutrition.
3. We reached nearly 2,000 pregnant and nursing mothers and children under five years old.
4. “These extremely isolated communities were struggling even before the typhoon hit. We could never have reached these desperate people without the use of a helicopter,” said Charlotte Schneider, Emergency Pool Coordinator for Action Against Hunger.
5. Charlotte added, “While more long-term work is needed to support families until the next harvest, these food distributions are a good way to supplement their inadequate food supply.”
6. Panay Island resident Elisabeth Bardero (right) walked for over two hours with her six-month old daughter Aisa to receive emergency food from us. She told us, “My family eats mostly rice, because we have nothing else. I thought that with a little luck, there would be something for us here.”
7. Elisabeth captured the grateful sentiment of the villagers who received the much-needed aid: "Action Against Hunger is the first international humanitarian organization that has come to help us. Thank you for responding and distributing this food.”