ACF Response to a Recent Statement by the Sri Lankan Government
Action against Hunger (Action contre la Faim - ACF) has been informed that a letter was sent by Professor Rajiva Wijesinha, Secretary General of the Secretariat for Co-ordinating the Peace Process (SCOPP) to the Honorable Mahinda Samarasinghe, Minister of Human Rights and Disaster Management; that was publicly released to an unknown mailing list.
The previously declared position of ACF remains the same: that ACF fully agrees to cooperate, and to answer questions related to the Muttur killing within the framework of an independent and international inquiry. However, the core issue remains the identification and prosecution of the perpetrators through an effective criminal investigation led by the Sri Lankan Government.
- 8/15/07 Crossing the Line in Sri Lanka (Comment is Free: Guardian)
- 8/13/07 Aid worker massacre: Sri Lankan official calls for probe into agency's 'negligence (IHT)
- 8/13/07 Sri Lanka Blames Aid Group in Killings (Guardian)
- 6/24/07 Questions Remain on Massacre in Sri Lanka (NY Times)
- 6/15/07 Sri Lanka Warned Probe May Fail (BBC News)
On the Anniversary of the Muttur Massacre: One Year After Massacre, We Will Never Forget Them (ACF-USA Press Release)