Nutrition Program Manager
The nutrition program manager is responsible for implementing and supervising the nutrition program on the field, in adherence with ACF’s and national protocols/guidelines, and in collaboration with local partners. S/he reports to head of base, medical and nutrition coordinator or nutrition advisor at headquarters level. The panel of activities in a nutrition program include:
- Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc)
- Capacity building of local partners
- Community mobilization
- Research projects
- Team management including staff recruitment, training, evaluation.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Monitoring of nutrition projects (field visit, regular program monitoring, budget forecast and follow up, statistics follow up report, etc.)
- Reporting (donors reports, monthly reports).
- Representation of Action Against Hunger in coordination meeting with local and international partners, health authorities, etc.
- Coordination with other departments (food security and livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, logistics, administration).
- Nurse, nutritionist or medical doctor.
- Further qualification in public health or nutrition or related subject is desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage own work.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Second language skills is desirable.
- 2 years relevant work experience essential.
- Some previous overseas experience is a plus.
Help Us Save Lives
Help us reach our 2014 lifesaving goals by making a tax-deductible gift. We are a top rated nonprofit, consistently ranked in the top 2% for efficiency.