Nutrition and Medical Coordinator
The medical and nutrition coordinator (CMN) is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the nutrition programs, as well as liaising with various external partners. S/he reports to head of mission, medical and nutrition advisor at headquarters level. The panel of activities in a nutrition programs includes:
- Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc)
- Capacity building of local partners
- Community mobilization
- Research projects
Management of the Nutrition Program
- Follow up and ongoing analysis of the context.
- Definition, supervision and monitoring of ACF Nutrition programs, in compliance with ACF’s and national guidelines and in coherence with identified humanitarian needs.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Design and ensure the use of monitoring tools.
- Ensure compliance of programs in terms of achieving objectives in current grants.
- Management and evaluation of nutrition program managers; elaboration their Job description.
- Provision of technical and organizational support and trainings to the nutrition program managers.
- Compilation, analysis and feedback on monthly reports from the nutrition program managers.
- Ongoing communication with nutrition advisor in HQs.
- Technical input in donor reporting.
Representation and internal/ external communication
- Coordination with other technical departments at coordination level (Food Security and Livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Logistics and Administration).
- Represent ACF at national and regional level in nutrition and health technical meetings.
- Participate in the external coordination with nutrition partners and governmental bodies and provide technical support and guidance in the nutrition sub-committee and cluster, where relevant.
- Nurse, nutritionist or medical doctor.
- Further qualification in public health or nutrition or related subject is desirable.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage own work.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Second language skills are desirable.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in nutrition program in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Minimum 1 year in a position of requiring managing a team of expatriates is desirable.
Help Us Save Lives
Help us reach our 2014 lifesaving goals by making a tax-deductible gift. We are a top rated nonprofit, consistently ranked in the top 2% for efficiency.