The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At the regional/district level, the Field Coordinator represents ACF to relevant stakeholders. Typically, the field coordinator reports to the Head of Mission (HOM).
Depending on the context and mission needs, the Field Coordinator develops and implements the district strategy integrating NUT, FSL, and WASH programs in collaboration with the respective program managers and technical coordinator(s). The Field Coordinator provides general support, guidance, and serves as focal point during program planning, grant writing, and reporting.
The Field Coordinator oversees opening, closing and/or regular running of one or more bases including management of all or part of support staff, program support activities, administration, and security of the base as well as coordination with program staff on the base level. The Field Coordinator ensures that ACF procedures and donor regulations applicable to projects implemented in the region with regards to program, logistics, security, HR, and administration are closely followed.
The Field Coordinator represents the organization at the regional level including general meetings with donors, humanitarian actors, local authorities, protocol meetings, security meetings, as well as sector program meetings when requested by the mission coordination. The Field Coordinator represents manages the visit of donors representatives / HQ visitors / other stakeholders whenever requested.
While the context may vary, the Field Coordinator is typically in charge of overseeing the logistics on the district level ensuring the proper set up / rehabilitation / running of base premises (office / guest house), the functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage, the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet and equipment, and the functioning of the means of communication appropriate for the respective region.
Administration / Human Resources
The Field Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the management of finances and administration on district level. The Field Coordinator ensures the proper management of finances on the bases including planning, authorization of expenses, and reporting. The Field Coordinator also ensures the management of Human Resources in accordance with the ACF guidelines and the legal requirements in the host country.
Field Coordinator is responsible for the district security management and ensures the security of staff, premises, materials and assets. The Field Coordinator monitors the political, economical, and social environment in the area, assesses and analyses the risks, monitors and reports the security situation and develops security procedures relevant to the context.
- Masters Degree or equivalent.
- Substantial knowledge regarding the program management on field level.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
- Good understanding of financial and HR procedures required
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural)
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Second language skills highly recommended and for some missions required.
- At least 3 years previous field experience in a relief NGO, ideally in a similar role.
- Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position.
- Previous experience in security management.