Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
What Makes Us Unique
Action Against Hunger saves lives while building long-term strategies for self-sufficiency:
- Lifesaving impact in 45+ countries
- 5,000+ field staff assisting more than nine million people each year
- 30+ years of expertise in contexts of conflict, disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of malnourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment. Join us today and help save a life.
Why Our Work Matters
Deadly malnutrition claims the lives of 1 million children each year, even though it’s:
- PREDICTABLE: We know where and when to expect acute malnutrition
- PREVENTABLE: We know how to help children stay healthy
- TREATABLE: Therapeutic ready-to-use foods can help save millions
- AFFORDABLE: Just $45 can provide a child with lifesaving treatment
We know how to save starving children if we can reach them. Help extend our reach.
Where Your Money Goes
We dedicate as much of our funding as possible to our lifesaving humanitarian programs.
In 2013, we spent $0.92 of every donated dollar on program activities (learn more).
We’re Highly Rated
You can trust Action Against Hunger. Here’s why:
- Highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator, seven years in a row
- Listed as an “A”-rated organization by CharityWatch
- We're accountable, meeting all 20 Better Business Bureau standards
- Earned Guidestar's Exchange Seal for our commitment to transparency
- Awarded the “Best in America” seal by the Independent Charities of America
What Others Are Saying
Don’t take it from us: here’s what others have to say of our work:
“ACF is a NGO that is action oriented. I can truthfully say that they deliver services to those in need and are very present on the ground. They make lasting positive change in the lives of people. I worked for them in four countries and have a good understanding of how they work.”
– Holimata, Great Nonprofits Review
“Action Against Hunger is in war-torn countries that many fear to tread. They are technical people… that forgo the comforts of modern life to assist local populations and refugees at the most fundamental level in the most dangerous locales. They provide nutrition, healthcare, sanitation, and food sustainability. They train populations to be self-sufficient. Although these dedicated men and women want to eliminate the need for their services, humanity is not willing and forces them to witness the most heinous actions.”
– President Nelson Mandela, Recipient, Action Against Hunger Humanitarian Prize 2004
“As a field worker and a partner... I recommend Action Against Hunger as an effective and important organization. Through their integrated approach and expertise in nutrition, food security and water, sanitation and hygiene they are saving lives and improving them for years to come in some of the poorest parts of the planet.”
– Water Advocate, Great Nonprofits Review, Dec. 8, 2011
“Action Against Hunger—the title speaks for itself. This is a remarkable organization with a staff of energetic, enthusiastic and deeply committed people who are determined to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people. There are millions who do not have access to clean water, food, health services or education. They are condemned to a grinding life of poverty with no choices. Action Against Hunger is changing this. Their training programs are improving the quality of life and health and, above all, bringing hope to thousands in underdeveloped countries. I commend them for their outstanding work and welcome the opportunity to express my support.”
– Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Emeritus, Recipient, Action Against Hunger Humanitarian Prize 2006
“I’ve been covering humanitarian crises since the early 1990s and have often been impressed by the work of Action Against Hunger. They are among the first to respond when tragedies unfold, and they work to ensure that communities have a fighting chance to get back on their feet... The nightly news can often seem overwhelming, but it’s important to remember there are effective ways to fight hunger and overcome poverty, and along with groups like Action Against Hunger, you can become part of the solution.”
– Anderson Cooper, Journalist, CNN
Go deeper and learn more about our work:
- ACF International: Our history, values, and global reach.
- Leadership: Meet our executive team, board, and advisory members.
- Partners: Our governmental, institutional, and corporate partners.
- Humanitarian Experts: Get to know some of our 6,000 field professionals.
- Financials: View our latest audited financials.
- Employment: Ready to work with us? View our job opportunities.